|No. Now lie down in front of|
a speeding train.
Give Jeb Bush credit -- he offered no apologies for offering donors the chance to join his "national executive committee" if they each raised $500,000 by March 31. He likes the corrupting influence of money: I want all your dough, and all your friends' dough, too, because I can, that's why.
|"I saved this dog by blocking the|
vet's needle with my thigh, which,
by the way, took shrapnel in Iraq."
|No one said it was cheap being a cop.|
"I'm sorry"? That's what you say when drop a glass of milk or accidentally destroy your wife's rose bush with the mower. You shoot me and immediately say "I'm sorry," I'm not going to be in a particularly Christian frame of mind.
Like I said, there are times when an apology just doesn't cut it. Had Bates been just a little more honest, there were any number of statements he could have made after pulling the trigger:
- "Holy shit, what the fuck did I just do?"
- "Well, hell, what do you expect from a 73 year-old lawyer?"
- "Now this is why we shouldn't have body-cams."
- "He was gonna die eventually."
- "You mean this thing was loaded?"
- "Damn, that's three cars and 25-grand down the toilet."
- "Well, son, that's what you get for dealing with someone who has no idea what he's doing."
- "I never was that good at telling my left from my right."
- "Weapons all look the same to me."
- "He was black, isn't that what we're supposed to do?"