Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WASHINGTON UPDATE 11/6/13

After several allegations of plagiarism regarding his speeches and other writings came to light, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) spoke to reporters in order to clear his name.

"It seems like these charges go back four score and seven years ago," Sen. Paul admitted. "But I told my staff the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." When asked if these charges will be forgotten by the time of his next election, he shrugged, "I have a dream. But frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Admitting that many of his writings were prepared by his staff, Paul explained that he held a meeting with them. "I told them, 'Round up the usual suspects.' And, boy, they knew I was mad when I said, 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!'" Asked when we was going to get rid of the guilty parties, Paul said, "I will fire when ready. After all, tomorrow is another day."

A reporter from the Washington Post mentioned that he had tried to contact former senator Ron Paul for a comment, but got no answer. Sen. Paul told him, "No one comes to the father except through me."

                                                      ********************

No comments: