Monday, February 8, 2016

WHERE THE BOYS ARE: 2016

Feminist icon Gloria Steinem has drawn the wrath of the Twitterverse for suggesting that young women supporting Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign are doing so to gain the attention of men.

“When you’re young, you’re thinking, ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie,'” Steinem told Bill Maher Friday night on the comic’s HBO show “Real Time.”



(To sing along, use the instrumental version at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty70YjPdBqc)

Where the boys are
Someone waits for Bern.
A craggy face, a slower pace,
With two feet shufflin' to the lectern.

Where the boys are
I will find myself.
Steinem claims I have no brain --
My liberation's on the shelf.

In a crowd of a million voters
I'll tell him I'm all his,
And then I'll go right online and cancel
My subscription to Ms.

Steinem's claiming
Here's all I truly yearn:
Where the boys are
Where the boys are
Where the boys are
I'll put out for Bern.


                                        ******************************

No comments: